Today India is facing a challenge to meets up its growth module & energy crisis with high cost of Fossil fuels across the globe. It is always said
“A unit Saved is unit earned”
With large number of Energy consumed is the building sector of the country in terms Commercial offices, Residential Building, Hotels, and Malls.
How can Efficient Glass save the Units :
- Conduct a proper study about your building by doing a proper Sun path Analysis, Day Light Analysis, Energy Analysis.
- Find out efficiency ratio of HVAC consumption Vis a Vis Glass used on a façade.
- Identify Various Glass Colors & their properties needed Area wise.
- Also know Whether a Double glass would benefit your façade or not.
- Find Out different Sun shading Devices you can use on the façade & their efficiency with proper backup calculations.
- Conduct Simulation studies if you need more detailed Approach to understand the façade properly.
- Understand the Concept of Net Heat Gain in the Building.
- Not Allowing heat from outside leads to less HVAC loads.
- Know the U value factor of the Glass which is the rate at which Glass transmits heat out which is mostly faster with temperature difference between outside & inside.
- Conduct proper Shading studies right from Shading co-efficient of glass to shading devices needed to Allow Light inside the building.
These mere small studies help you in contributing to the Nation, so please do it however small façade it may be a single Unit Saved is Single Unit Earned
By Prashant Thakkar