NzeB- Have you heard about this?
Nearly Zero Energy Buildings is the target of European Building Policy, where by end of year 2020, all the new constructions should be consuming as minimum energy & could use more renewable sources.
How to achieve “Nearly Zero Energy Building”
Two major factors will help you achieve
- Adaptive Facade on buildings.
- Onsite demand with renewable energy generations.
Adaptive Facade on Buildings
Adaptive façade is an intelligent façade which differs from normal façade as it has various variable devices that helps to act as climate moderator.
By using this façade we provide a building an ability to accept or reject energy from external environment & in turn reduce the excess energy required to keep a comfort zone internally.
How an Adaptive Façade help in creating a nearly Zero Energy Building.
- Selection of appropriate design based on building typology & Climatic location.
- An ideal adaptive façade is the one which is able to minimize the total energy consumption of indoor space by means of adapting thermo-optical properties to varying outdoor/ indoor environmental studies like Solar Radiation, Air temperature, Wind velocity, Internal Loads & various factors effecting the façade.
- Extensive research being done & a 365 days energy absorption through the façade is studied on micro level basis to reduce the net heat gain / or to increase the heat gain based on climatic location.
- This study also studies the micro consumption of energy room wise in order to assess performance of the façade.
- Evaluation of adaptive façade is performed by means of minimizing energy consumption of building.
- There are adaptive ceramic frittings which moveable graphical pattern that can modulate its transparency to control light, heat gain & aesthetic looks into the façade.
- Total Energy Consumption = E heating + E cooling + E lighting.
Onsite Demand with renewable Energy generations
Onsite supply can be boosted with use of optimal Solar PV module, where in our last article we covered a recent invention of glass highly effecient than conventional solar module. These methods would boost energy productions without effecting fossil fuels & thus minimizing Co2 emissions & other green house gases effecting the earths global warming.
With energy crisis across globe & an intent to reduce carbon emissions a lot focus is driven on saving energy as it is always said in simple words
“ A unit Saved is Unit Earned”